50 REALLY PRETTY DARN GOOD REASONS TO QUIT YOUR DAY JOB, SIT AT HOME, AND WRITE SCREENPLAYS.
Philosophy from Steve Gottry ("Creative Guy")
1) You don't have to wear some stupid tie to work.
2) You can "take a lunch" at 10:30 a.m. if you want to.
3) You can take your shower AFTER you write 10 or 12 pages.
4) You can wear a T-shirt with holes in it.
5) You're always there when the mail arrives.
6) You always know what your neighbors are up to. (Could be a story there!)
7) You can evaluate the performance of the person who drives the recycling truck.
8) You'll hardly ever miss a call from a long-distance-service salesperson.
9) You can brush your teeth anytime you want.
10) You can personally sign for FEDEX deliveries.
11) If there's a really "hot" guest on Regis & Kathie Lee, you don't have to tape it for later viewing.
12) You can move the lawn sprinkler between scenes.
13) You can let the cat/dog in and out as needed.
14) The restroom is generally clean. (Or, if not, it's your own fault.)
15) You don't have to wait in line to use the printer or copier.
16) You can talk aloud to yourself anytime you want.
17) You don't have to share your copy of THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER.
18) You'll never miss another Space Shuttle launch.
19) You can get to know the pizza delivery person on a first-name basis.
20) Ed McMahon has a better chance of finding you "in."
21) You can steal pens and Post-It notes from the supply cabinet and no one will care.*
22) If you have a great idea, you'll be within walking distance of your computer.
23) You'll keep "city miles" off your Ferrari. (Or is that Ferarri?)
24) You won't miss work waiting for the cable guy.
25) You'll have more free time to install software upgrades.
26) Three words: "The Avon Lady."
27) You can put your feet up on your desk.
28) Wanna write in your underwear? Go ahead!
29) You can "surprise" any burglars who come calling.
30) You can brew your coffee as strong as you want it.
31) Writer's block? Take a break and read the TIN CUP script in SCENARIO. (Vol. 2, No. 4)
32) Total freedom from uncomfortable shoes!
33) You can go to the video rental store when the lines are the shortest.
34) The toilet paper at home is usually softer.
35) No one will see you sneak Oreos.
36) You can laugh at the rush hour traffic reports.
37) The onions and garlic you have for lunch become your problem alone.
38) If you burp, there's no real need to say "Excuse me."
39) It's easier for your mom to check up on you.
40) You can secretly listen to Rush Limbaugh or Howard Stern.
41) If you get some corn stuck between your teeth, you can floss right away.
42) You can personally keep an eye on your "Oscar" statuette.**
43) You can personally dust and polish your "Oscar" statuette.**
44) If you don't yet have an "Oscar" statuette,** you can dream about one -- uninterrupted.
45) There are no time clocks to punch.
46) No one will get to your favorite blueberry bagel ahead of you.
47) You can read your dialogue aloud without incurring blank stares.
48) Come to think of it, the tips weren't all that great anyway!
49) No one can force you to listen to Pat Boone's Heavy Metal album.
50) This is what's called "following your dream!" GO FOR IT!
*"Post-It" is a trademark of the 3M Company.
** "Oscar" is a trademark of A.M.P.A.S. (The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences)
GO HOME / E-MAIL / ORDER FORM
THIS SITE IS BROUGHT TO YOU, COMMERCIAL FILLED, BY
PRIORITY MULTIMEDIA GROUP, INC.
P.O. BOX 41540 , MESA, ARIZONA 85274-1540
Phone: 602-831-5557 / FAX: 602-831-7373
Copyright © 1998 by Priority Multimedia Group, Inc.
All rights reserved.
All creative concepts presented herein are registered with
WRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA west (WGAw).